The mandate of the Community Development team is to cultivate active participation from all community members with the goals of creating positive change, enriching events, and community spirit.
- Communication (information kiosk, postings, etc.)
- Participation in local outreach events
- Wall directory, name, and picture
- Program promotion (word-of-mouth, Facebook, “elevator speech,” etc.)
- Welcoming “committee”
- Develop and maintain a team “continuity” folder (eliminate duplication of efforts)
Membership & Term
Team consists of 3 or more parents appointed by current committee members for a minimum of one year. Chair must serve for a minimum of two years, a maximum of two terms, and serve on the Program Leadership Team.
The team meets monthly or as needed, and is facilitated by the team chair. The chair is nominated and chosen by the team members. Recommendations for program changes to the Program Leadership Team are made by consensus. Decisions are limited to the team mandate.
The team chair is responsible for reporting monthly to the Program Leadership Team regarding Community Development activities.